Are you worried about what will happen to your loved ones and your assets when you pass? Do you want to make sure your survivors have peace of mind knowing that you properly planned for the future?
The loss of a loved one is difficult enough on a personal level. The last thing a loved one wants to do is navigate the lengthy and costly world of probate court.
Estate planning in Covina, CA is a process you control. Please see below for a summary of documents I recommend for almost all of my clients.
Revocable Living Trust
- A document that allows your beneficiaries to avoid probate court, which can be both expensive and time-consuming.
- You choose the “successor trustee”, the person (or persons) you designate to be in charge of dispersing your assets among your beneficiaries.
- Can be amended or revoked.
- We transfer real property (e.g., your home), personal property (e.g., household belongings), and many of your bank, securities, and retirement accounts into the trust’s name.
- We create the deed (or deeds) to transfer property (or properties) from your name as an individual to your trust’s name.
- Essentially, a “catch all” document that works with the living trust to ensure that all your assets in Covina, CA have been moved to the trust.
- Basically states, “Anything I accidentally left out of my trust, I leave to my trust.”
Durable Power of Attorney
- A document that is important while you are living, but incapacitated (meaning, you cannot make decisions for yourself).
- Applies to financial matters: Specifies who you appoint to make financial decisions on your behalf and what powers that person will have (e.g., power to sign checks, etc.).
Advanced Health Care Directive
- Another document that is important while you are living, but incapacitated.
- Applies to healthcare matters: Specifies who you appoint to make healthcare decisions on your behalf and what powers that person has (e.g., remaining or not remaining on life support, donating organs, etc.).
If you are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable estate planning attorney, please contact Attorney Tony in Covina at
– REQUEST A FREE CONSULTATION –
– James V I contacted the Law Office of Tony Tyre. I had made an appointment to come in and speak with him in regards to my Dad and Mom’s trust and estate. I came in and met with Tony to go over the trust with him. He explained the trust proceedings, and how he works for me and acts in my best interest. He remained in contact with me every step of the way, from start to finish. He went over the trust with a fine-tooth comb. He would advise you if it would be feasible to fight for something and when you could throw your money away, but the last word is always up to you. Their office staff was very friendly and very helpful every step of the way. I couldn’t ask for anything better. They contacted the interested parties of the trust and went over with them how the trust affects them. I couldn’t be happier with the service and the personal touch that Tony and his office staff gave me. Thank you for all of your help.
It has been a real pleasure working with you. The staff are great to work with - knowing and efficient, and great dispositions. Wishing you great success and happiness.– Sandra L
Please know, that I most grateful to you for your many services and support you provided for me and the family on our needs. We felt in good and professional hands. As future legal matters arise, I will contact your for your legal services. All my best wishes.– M.O.
You and your associates have done a fabulous professional job for us. Thank you so much– Margaret G
Thank you both for all the work you have done on my behalf. You made a difficult time in my life a little easier knowing that the legal end of things would be handled by real professionals. Your kindness and attention to my feelings during this process I believe are not the norm, but certainly rare and I thank you for that.– L.L.
Tony is able to explain the legal aspects of a trust in layman's terms. He's a great communicator and very experienced in his field. His staff is knowledgeable, and responsive to your calls. A very friendly and professional team. Would definitely refer to family & friends.– M.E.