Are you or your spouse a veteran?
If so, you may qualify for a Veteran’s Administration VA pension to help pay for your living expenses and long-term care needs.
Tony is VA Certified in Covina, which means he can assist you with potentially qualifying for a VA pension.
There is a 3-Part Qualification Test in determining whether you may qualify for aid and attendance:
1.Service Requirement for VA Pension
You or your spouse must be a “veteran”:
- A person who served in the active military, naval, or air service,
- was discharged or released there from under conditions, other than “dishonorable.”
- You or your spouse must have had “active duty wartime service.”
2.Disability Requirement for Va Pension
To be considered “disabled” under VA guidelines, you must either be
- 65 years old or older or
- permanently and totally disabled.
3.VA Pension Means Test
- The first part of the Means Test is Income. The VA looks at your gross income and subtracts unreimbursed medical expenses. If this figure is too high according to VA standards, your pension may be reduced or you may not qualify for a VA pension.
- The second part of the Means Test is Net Worth. The VA looks at whether you have sufficient means for the rest of your life by looking at liquidity of your assets, life expectancy, number of dependents, and potential rate of depletion of available assets.
Most of our clients in Covina or Temple CA have a problem satisfying the Mean Test for VA Pension or Aid and Attendance; however, this area of qualification is where our office can help. Through a special type of trust called a Veterans Asset Protection Trust, you may be able to qualify for VA pension benefits, yet protect your assets from probate and for your loved ones.
If you are a veteran or a spouse of a veteran and need assistance with VA Pension Planning or Aid and Attendance we can help. If you live in Covina, Temple City or surrounding areas, please contact VA Certified attorney Tony at (626) 858-9378 or request a free consultation below.
Further Reading on VA Planning: